Monday 8 April 2013

8th April

Near my gym is a church on a hill that gets lit up at night. Ever since I have been going to the gym, and had a camera, I've had an urge to photograph it, but never got round to it. In fact, I'm not sure I ever actually had my camera with me before.

Tonight I left the gym and had the camera with me. I didn't have a lot of time so I decided to forego the tripod and this was a decision that made the whole process longer because I can't hold the camera perfectly still for the half-second exposure that I needed to get a decent shot. This shouldn't have been a surprise to me, but it didn't stop me trying... In the end, I improvised a resting place for the camera on my camera bag, preset the zoom and then shot without looking through the viewfinder.


It's not perfect, but I'm quite pleased with the result. Just to add to the list, I'll return one time with the tripod and take this photo properly. I like that I could capture the surrounding buildings in the light of the church. A little longer exposure and this could turn out really well...

No comments:

Post a Comment