Thursday 28 March 2013

27th March

I had a day in London yesterday and visited the Saatchi Gallery, one of London's best-known galleries for modern art. In my experience, a piece of modern art is a bit like Marmite - you either love it or hate it. To be honest, I didn't really get a number of the pieces. However, a series of photographs of people sitting on the windowsills of their appartments was interesting (and at times hair-raising, these were not ground floor appartments...) and there were a few sculptures that I liked. There was also a couple of fascinating paintings of large Russian buildings on opened out cardboard boxes which were very clear from a distance but, close up, looked like a mess. It must have been very challenging to paint and they were huge and very effective.


Amongst these exhibits, my favourite was this one. The colours are very vivid, the canvasses are hung in seemingly random positions but all are aligned in the same direction. It was difficult to do it justice on camera, but I quite like this side-on view.

No comments:

Post a Comment